Let’s cut to the chase: I freaking love shopping and I can’t stop myself from buying cute things when I see them. I do have some self-control when I know I need to save or if bills are due, but for the most part I loveeeee shopping more than I should. It’s not a problem, it’s a way of life…for me at least. Shopping makes me happy because clothes make me happy. I love being able to feel confident and make a statement with my style, and shopping helps me do that! You might be wondering; “Dana, you’re known as ‘One Broke Blonde’, how can you do so much shopping?” Well my fine readers, I’ll let you in on some of my tips and tricks 😉
This post is not sponsored by any brand or company mentioned. All opinions are my own 🙂
- SHOP ON SALE ITEMS FIRST. This may be a no brainer, but as tempting as it is to check out new arrivals the sale section is where it’s at. Stores update their sale section regularly so you won’t be shopping all of the older items. A lot of stores have pretty awesome sale sections! Here are some of my favorite sale items from five of my favorite stores!
2. WAIT FOR DISCOUNT CODES. I know it’s hard to wait for that adorable dress you’ve been eyeing up for two weeks, but stay strong! Big brands have site wide sales and discounts pretty regularly! If you can wait for that, then you can save a lot of cash on items you would’ve spent a lot more on! Patience is virtue, especially when it comes to shopping. Here are some of my favorite stores that almost ALWAYS have awesome sales going on!
3. GET HONEY. I bet you’re wondering what Honey is, and no I’m not talking about the delicious sweetener. Honey is basically the greatest invention ever. Essentially, all you need to do is install it into your browser, and whatever store you shop on Honey automatically finds discount codes and coupons to use so you always save money!! It’s so awesome and there are so many stores it works with too! It’s free and simple and I personally think that is a wonderful combination.
4. NORDSTROM RACK IS EVERYTHING. This should come as no surprise, but Nordstrom Rack is one of my fav stores ever. You can get big-name brands that are usually quite expensive for a much better price. Granted, there are some items that are still pricey but they are definitely better prices than the retail! One example is Calvin Klein apparel. Urban Outfitters (who I love but is ridiculously expensive) sells Calvin Klein bras for $28, but I got mine from Nordstrom Rack for $11.97. 😎 Talk about a style steal! Here are some more of my favorite pieces from Nordstrom Rack on awesome sales!
5. SIGN UP FOR PERKS. Getting tons of emails can be frustrating, but getting exclusive sales and offers makes it worth it. You don’t need to sign up for tons of reward programs, just pick your favorite stores you want to get perks from and they will be delivered right to your inbox! You’ll also be notified first when sales happen or other big events! I’ve scored a lot of awesome things from being a part of reward programs! Plus most stores offer a discount just for joining! It’s a super easy and efficient way to save you some money 🙂
I hope this post was helpful to you guys and you’ll put these tips to good use! Remember, even though it is extremely important to save money and be financially stable it never hurts to treat yourself once in a while! Don’t be afraid to buy yourself some new things, you deserve them! If you’re hesitant though then try out these tips and I guarantee you’ll feel less guilty 😉
Happy shopping, babes!