It’s something that we are all guilty of one way or another. Maybe it’s that ratty t-shirt you have from 8th grade that brings back memories that you refuse to give away, or that sexy black dress you wore ONE TIME four years ago but swearrr you’re going to wear again soon. Let’s be real, you won’t. You’re not alone because I am guilty of this too. I always keep pieces of clothing and shoes that I haven’t worn in years but insist there will be a time that I want it and honestly, there never is. Since the season of renewal is among us, I though what better time to share my tips and tricks to make your wardrobe fun and fresh again!
- GET RID OF THAT OLD STUFF 🌸 Seriously. I know it’s difficult to part with that top you’ve had since 7th grade but girl, it’s time to let it go. If you’re just saving it for nostalgic purposes than that’s what pictures are for! There are too many new, fresh, trendy pieces to be had and those old things you never wear are just taking up unwanted residency.
- ORGANIZE 🌸 My mom is going to read this tip and think “Dana, your clothes are the least organized clothes in America.” And she’s right. But do not follow my lead with this one and instead just follow my advice. I know that having an organized closet would make me feel revamped and refreshed and I do plan on making that happen very soon I promise. In the meantime, you should try out this tip and start organizing your clothes! This is also a way to go through everything you have and give away/sell/donate the things you don’t wear or want anymore!
- TRY A NEW STYLE/TREND 🌸 Is there a style you’ve been loving but have been too nervous to try it out for yourself? Felt like you “couldn’t pull it off?” Well you are fab and you can pull off anything you feel confident in and girl, you should try out whatever you’re feeling. There is no better time than the beginning of a new season to revamp your style and wardrobe!
- SHOP AWAY 🌸 Start shopping! Having little shopping sprees here and there is something I usually do so I don’t spend too much money all at once AND I score all the new arrivals in stores and online. Remember, try out your favorite trends but it’s also important to buy new staple pieces as well that will last you a while. New jeans, dresses, basic tees, tanks, jackets, etc. will make you feel new and fresh but will also last you longer than some trendier pieces will.
- HAVE FUN 🌸 Don’t turn a wardrobe freshener into a chore. Make it a fun and exciting project for yourself. Don’t feel guilty about buying that cute romper online or feel bad about picking up some new jeans. You deserve to feel confident, beautiful, and happy at all times and if buying new things can do that for you so be it!
I hope you guys got some tips and tricks from this post and will use them to revamp your closet! I know that the thought of organization and cleaning seems hard and boring (trust me), but once you do it you’ll feel so much better! Plus rewarding yourself with a shopping spree is pretty fun too 😉